The Level Sleep Mattress is a patented TriSupport designed foam mattress that is made with one layer of memory foam and another layer of dense polyfoam. The mattress cover is made from polyester, and it is removable and washable.
The memory foam layer of the mattress is split into three “zones.” These zones have different amounts of thickness. The top or “head” of the mattress is designed to be softer to support and cushion the shoulders and neck.
The middle zone of the mattress is designed to be firm to improve back and spine support. Finally, the lower part of the mattress or “foot” is designed to be a medium thickness. This design is aimed at providing the best possible comfort for the hips, which can help with spinal issues.
|Feature||Review / Rating||Description|
|Durability||Excellent||The durability of this product is on the same level as similar products. Level Sleep states that it should last between six and seven years.|
|Motion Stopping||Excellent||Similar to other foam beds, the TriSupport retains and significantly lowers the amount of motion transfer.|
|Off-gassing||Very Good||This bed is known to give off some foul odors when brand new. However, these smells will be gone within a few days.|
|Conforming||Excellent||The specially designed layer of sectioned foam is designed to support different levels and areas of the body. The composition of this mattress offers outstanding conforming and specialized relief of pressure.|
|Temperature Control||Very Good||This bed can feel hot for some people. However, heat retention isn’t decreased or any worse than that of a standard foam bed.|
|Edge Support||Good||The edge support of the TriSupport is probably its most common feature. The feature being so common is perhaps due to the changing levels of firmness that are built into the comfort layers.|
|Noise||Excellent||This mattress is nearly silent when holding weight. There isn’t a quieter model on the market.|
|Use for Couples||Good||This model bed is designed not to be particularly “bouncy,” which may not be enjoyable for some couples. However, this is highly dependent on the preferences of the couple.|
What Effect Can Back Pain Have on Older Adults or a Seniors Sleep Schedule?
- Back discomfort is the most common cause of disability throughout the entire world. It is also one of the most frequently reported reasons that people miss work. It is estimated that 80% of people will have to deal with back pain at some point in their lives.
- Back pain is a critical reason for most people not getting proper amounts of sleep. It is difficult to find a comfortable position when your back muscles are always in a tense state or feel like they are spasming.
- Research shows that people who suffer from chronic back or joint pain get approximately 42 minutes less sleep per night. This leads to being less productive, groggy, agitated, or restless during the day.
- Individuals with back pain are more likely to suffer anxiety associated with sleep because they feel like they don’t have control over whether they can fall asleep or not.
Benefits to Elderly Seniors with Sleep Disorders
Most bed and sleep experts agree that the Level Sleep TriSupport is among the best sleep mattresses available on the market. It is designed to suit the sleeping need of almost any person.
This particular mattress is often purchased by people with back and spine issues. Elderly seniors with back pain who use the TriSupport do report that they felt and slept better on the mattress compared to their existing mattress where it was difficult or uncomfortable.
Sleep disorders in the elderly can be incredibly frustrating and challenging to treat. One of the most effective treatment methods for people with sleep disorders is the prescription of a sleep-aid medicine.
However, these medications can make waking up challenging for some individuals or have negative side effects like lethargy or agitation. Prescription sleep-aid medications are often composed of potent chemicals that require several hours of sleep to wear-off which can be counter productive.
What Sleep Position is Best for the Level Sleep TriSupport?
The TriSupport mattress is best suited for people who sleep on their back or sides. Additionally, it is best suited for lighter (130 lbs) and average (130 to 230 lbs) weight individuals.
Heavy-weight sleepers (more than 230 lbs) may not find this bed suitable because it is not thick enough. Additionally, the TriSupport model only comes in one design and thickness.
You Might Enjoy Sleeping on the Level Sleep Mattress if…
- You sleep in different combinations of positions. The Level Sleep bed will work great regardless of the position that you like to sleep in.
- You may also enjoy sleeping on the Level Sleep bed if you need a bed that can help alleviate back pain or muscle soreness.
You Might not Enjoy Sleeping on the Level Sleep Mattress if…
- You prefer a bed with a more “traditional” feel. The TriSupport model has a very unique feel, it will probably feel different than most beds that you’ve slept on before. This is not to say that the TriSupport is uncomfortable, it may just take a night or two to get used to.
- You are a heavier weight sleeper. The TriSupport mattress may not perform the way it was designed to work with individuals over a certain weight. Heavier weight sleepers may need to consider a more firm mattress.
What Makes the Level Sleep Mattress Stand Out?
- The first feature of the Level Sleep that makes it stand out from the crowd is that it works the same for any sleeping position. You can sleep on your back, stomach, or side and you will still get a great night’s sleep.
- The Level Sleep is breathable and designed to easily release heat. Therefore, you’ll never have to worry about waking up hot or sweaty.
If you struggle with back pain, the Level Sleep may be the perfect mattress for you. However, if you are a heavier weight individual, you may need to invest in a more firm mattress, which will give you better support.
If you are on the fence about this mattress. It is good to note that each Level Sleep purchase comes with a one-year sleep trial, a lifetime warranty, free shipping, and no-hassle returns. They also come with a pillow that is used for neck and shoulder support.
If you have used the Level Sleep mattress and would like to share your own conclusions or give your thoughts. Please do so in the comments below.
- What Kind of Services Do Home Health Care Agencies Provide If You Have Medicare? - October 24, 2020
- 8 Tips To Find A Good Medicare Approved Home Health Care Agency - October 24, 2020
- How To Manage An Elderly Senior After Total Knee Replacement Surgery and Recovery at Home - October 15, 2020